General Kent Life Terms & Conditions
- Some activities carry a small additional charge.
- Height and age restrictions apply in the indoor play barn and bouncy castle.
- Age restrictions apply in the outdoor play area.
- Shoes are not permitted in the indoor play barn or on the bouncy castle, but socks must be worn.
- Children are the responsibility of their parent, carer or guardian and should be supervised at all times. If you get separated from your party please contact a member of the team who will be happy to assist.
- Some activities will not operate in adverse weather conditions.
- All activities do not operate all day, everyday. To avoid disappointment, you are advised to call in advance of your visit.
- Kent Life reserves the right to change, alter or cancel any activity without prior notification.
- Please be careful in the paint-a-pot studio. Aprons are provided and Kent Life will accept no liability for damage to clothes.
- Refunds will not be issued if events/entertainment/activities cannot run due to circumstances outside of our control.
- Hand washing is essential after entering & exiting animal contact zones, before & after eating and certainly after handling, touching or coming into contact with our animals or animal enclosures.
- We are a working farm and as such cannot take responsibility for any damage to clothes or property whilst you are visiting – wellies are encouraged.
- Dogs are welcome on leads, any mess must be cleared up and can be disposed of in any of our bins. Unfortunately dogs are not permitted in our catering areas (including the indoor play barn), lower farmyard (including Farmyard Friends) and The Kent Owl Academy.
- We have limited car parking spaces, unfortunately we cannot guarantee spaces to advance ticket holders so we advise you to arrive early to take advantage of our onsite free parking.
- Special animal feed can be purchased from our shop but please be careful when feeding as our animals may nip.
- Guests are not permitted to bring alcohol into Kent Life.
Refusal of Entry
Kent Life reserves the right to refuse entry or remove any person who:
- Is suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Does not respect the facilities, grounds and buildings of the attraction.
- Behaves in a manner which is disruptive to the enjoyment of other visitors.
- Behaves in a manner which compromises the safety of other visitors or staff.
- Uses verbal or physical threats or insults toward any member of staff.
Online Booking & Ticket Terms & Conditions
- Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable, transferable or cancellable. We do not refund or transfer tickets for bad weather unless Kent Life is unable to open.
- All purchasers must have a personal email address for use with the booking system.
- Upon payment through the secure system, tickets will be automatically sent to your personal email address. This can be printed out or displayed on a smart phone for admission.
- Tickets can only be used once. Once validated at our admissions and access gained to the Park, the ticket will be void. All and any tickets/vouchers will be retained by our admissions staff.
- When a family ticket is presented, all members of the group must enter at the same time. For general admission, a family ticket can be used for 2 adults and 2 children, or 1 adult and 3 children.
- Only children under 2 years are admitted free of charge. Additional tickets will be available to purchase at admissions if required at normal entrance prices.
- Persons under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, aged 18 or over at all times and children must be supervised at all times around the Park.
- All prices are subject to change.
- Discount vouchers, coupons and other offers are not valid in conjunction with any advance online rates.
- Organisers/carers are relied upon to consider the suitability of the venue and to provide adequate supervision for their clients/persons in their care.
- Credit card transactions are made on a separate secure server with full encryption of all credit card data. Your credit card details and personal information will not be shared with any other company or organisation.
- All transactions will be in £ sterling.
- Should Kent Life be forced to close due to government tier or lockdown restrictions – any pre-booked tickets will be permitted to transfer to an alternative visit date.
Membership Pass Terms & Conditions
- The membership pass scheme is subject to change and review.
- Buying a membership pass allows you daytime admission to Kent Life during our standard opening times for 1 calendar year from the date of purchase.
- Some events are excluded from the membership pass (Firework Spectacular, Experience Christmas, Evening events) but remember you still receive a discount on the gate entry prices of these. It will not be possible to visit on the above event days without purchasing a specific event ticket.
- To visit during the Experience Christmas event (on selected dates in November and December), members must have pre-booked and paid for the correct Christmas event ticket type.
- Other separately ticketed events may also be excluded from the membership pass.
- Unless stated otherwise, your membership pass cannot be used in conjunction with any promotional or discount offer.
- If you lose your membership card a new one can be issued on payment of a £5.00 administration fee per replacement card required.
- If you are coming to Kent Life as a pre-booked party guest or with a school or group booking unfortunately your pass cannot be used.
- Your card must be shown on each visit to avoid paying the full admission fee. It will only be valid if your name is on the card as it is non-transferable. You may be required to show additional photo ID.
- Photocopied or damaged cards will not be accepted.
- All membership passes remain the property of Kent Life.
- Normal opening hours are published on our website. From time to time our opening dates and times may vary, in these instances the full or part value of the membership pass will not be refunded, nor will any compensation be payable if any activity is no longer available or part of the attraction is removed or closed.
- Kent Life operates an annual closure each January and is open at weekends only. Occasionally, this closure may also apply to some early February weekday dates.
- Kent Life is a family attraction, to make sure everyone has a great time, any person whose behaviour is deemed inappropriate or does not comply with these terms and conditions will have their pass withdrawn.
- Family membership pass is valid for 2 adults & 2 children, or 1 adult & 3 children.
- You should upgrade on the same day to have the admission price of your day ticket refunded against the cost of a membership pass.
- You can only convert the same combination of tickets purchased like-for-like i.e. 1 child day ticket can ONLY be converted on 1 child membership pass.
- Individual entry tickets can not be refunded against the purchase of a family membership as it already carries a discount.
- The 20% discount in the Paint-a-Pot studio is subject to availability and some additional charges may apply.
- The 10% discount offered in the Tea Room, Play Barn, Pizza Garden, Ice Cream Hut and Gift Shop excludes all alcohol and books.
- Members can bring their own children aged under 4 free of charge (usually under 2s, maximum of 4 children per member). As soon as the child turns 4, they will be required to have a paid-for membership.
We reserve the right to review these terms and conditions at any point during your membership.
Gift Aid (Charity Number 283617)
If you are a UK tax payer, you can help to support the charitable work of the Cobtree Manor Estate (Charity Number 283617) by choosing to Gift Aid your admission.
Our daily admission ticket or annual membership contains a small, suggested donation to the charity to enhance Kent Life and the wider Cobtree Park. You can choose not to pay this small donation if you wish, but without it we cannot claim Gift Aid. With it, we can claim back the tax on the whole amount of your admission from Government, which works out at an extra 25p for every £1 you spend.
There’s no need to complete any forms, we’ll just ask for a few details when you pay. If you are purchasing tickets online, you can simply click the ‘Buy Gift Aid Tickets’ button.
By choosing to Gift Aid you are not only helping Cobtree Manor Estate (Charity Number 283617) to maintain the iconic buildings at Kent Life – thank you.
Please note that in choosing a Gift Aid payment you acknowledge that you pay sufficient income or capital gains tax over the year to cover the donation you have made today. If you are not a taxpayer, please inform us accordingly. A donor’s entitlement to cancel the declaration retrospectively within 30 days is available to you. You can choose not to pay this small donation if you wish, but without it we cannot claim Gift Aid. With it, we can claim back the tax on the whole amount of your admission from Government, which works out at an extra 25p for every £1 you spend.
For more information on how Gift Aid works, see here: www.gov.uk/claim-gift-aid