Kent Life is a delightful and totally unique venue set in 28 acres of beautiful rural surroundings – the perfect setting for a romantic Kentish wedding with a difference…
Unique Weddings at Kent Life
Everything you need, all in one place…
- One place to get married
- One place for your reception
- One place for your party
The one place is Kent Life…be different
Why get married at Kent Life?
- A beautiful Kentish setting
- Only one wedding per day
- Two or three function rooms for your exclusive use
- Entrance to and use of all attractions for you and your guests on the day
- Exclusive use of Kent Life grounds after 6pm
- Services of our wedding co-ordinator and team
- Your ceremony in either a traditional, restored Village Hall or a fantastic Old Chapel both situated on the Village Green
- Quality catering with a vast choice of home-cooked menus
- No charge for children aged 0-4 years but meal provided. Children aged 5-11 years are charged at half the adult price
- Use of the whole site for photographs with alternative rooms should weather conditions prevent outdoor photography
- Free parking in VIP area for wedding guests
- Two hotels within two minute walk
- A full licensed bar – at pub prices
- Easy motorway access
- An informal toastmaster
- Easy access by River Boat (Kentish Lady) to/from Maidstone’s Registry Office (Archbishop’s Palace)
- And importantly – no hidden costs!
Instead of the traditional Ulcombe Village Hall, you may wish to hold your ceremony in the 19th century Old Wedding Chapel. Originally built in Cuxton in 1897 and moved and rebuilt in Kent Life’s vintage village in 2000. The Chapel has now been deconsecrated and licensed for civil ceremonies and can accommodate up to 70 guests.
During the evening you will have use of both function rooms – Ulcombe Village Hall and the Wagon Store. There is ample room on the Village Hall’s rustic wooden floor for dancing the night away to your choice of entertainment with great acoustics and no fear of disturbing any neighbours!
There is a wrought iron wedding arch and arrival by tractor trailer available for your use absolutely free. Seasonal activities may also include: use of our grand tug-of-war rope and animal activities at no extra charge. We will happily organise chair covers, vintage china hire and bespoke bunting at an additional fee.
As you and your guests soak up the ambience, our chefs will take pleasure in preparing your chosen menu. We know nothing leaves a lasting impression than excellent cuisine which is why we use only the freshest local ingredients to produce the best food. We are totally flexible and menus can be arranged to suit your particular requirements from a 5 course meal to a lovely BBQ.