Time to explore all that nature has to offer!
It’s officially Spring! The season to chuck on your muddy wellies and explore. As songbirds start singing and flowers bloom, it’s a time for new beginnings so why not try something new!
Here are 5 ideas for new activities to make the most of this beautiful season:
1. Bird watching. During Spring, birds start to build their nests and look to start a family. There are lots of birds that migrate to the UK between March and April, try looking out for the Barn Swallow or listen for the sound of the Common Cuckoo.
2. Explore Nature! Go outdoors and get exploring, it’s time to seek out the first budding flowers of the year. Keep your eyes peeled for blossoming snowdrops, bluebells, and daffodils as they should be starting to pop up. See what else you can discover by taking a stroll around the Kentish gardens at Kent Life. Did you know we’re dog friendly? So, you can bring your four-legged friend to the farm to be part of the adventure too!
3. Build a bug hotel. Here at Kent life, we recently hosted The Great Outdoors weekend, giving our guests the opportunity to get up close and personal with our insect friends in the critter corner. Why not bring the fun home and create a bug hotel in your own garden? Bug hotels provide a safe space for insects to hide and raise their families. All you need to create one is a circular container, such as a cardboard tube or a plastic bottle with both ends cut off and a variety of twigs, dried leaves, bark, and pinecones. Place the twigs, bark, and leaves into the container, layering them so there’s lots of little hiding places inside. Place your finished bug hotel in a safe spot in the garden where no pets or foxes can disturb it, such as under a bush, and over time the creepy crawlies will make a home in your creation.
4. Get Creative! Next time you visit Kent Life, be sure to capture the beautiful spring surroundings. Awaken your inner photographer and take pictures of the tree blossom, sprouting buds and cute animals, making sure to crouch in weird and wacky positions to get the best angles! You can use these seasonal images to inspire creativity and paint from, we suggest experimenting with water colour to create beautiful, delicate artwork.
5. Meet our lambs and goat kids! Pop down to Kent Life and watch our bottle-feeding demonstrations in sessions throughout the day, it really is adorable! At Kent Life you can also meet our fluffy bunnies, hop on a fun farm ride, or get creative in our Paint-a-Pot studio* to make the perfect Easter gift for a loved one to take home.
Spring into Easter with our Easter Weekend Activities from Friday 15th to Monday 18th April. Guests will be able to see the Easter Bunny and join in on a fun egg-hunt, receive a yummy Easter treat and enjoy all the usual activities on the farm!
Let us know what you get up to this spring! Take a snap of your adventures and tag us on Instagram @kent_life_farm.