Please read the latest COVID-19 important guest information before visiting, as we cannot guarantee usual activities or facilities are currently available.
We want to make your visit to us as convenient and as accessible as possible. This section has plenty of additional information to help plan your visit.
We are really excited to be able to welcome you back to Kent Life and our team have been working hard behind the scenes to put new measures and procedures in place.
We have provided some guidance below, along with some frequently asked questions, to keep you up to date and to help plan your visit.
Our safety measures for you
- We will be restricting the number of guests onsite per day
- We will ask all guests (including members) to pre-book an arrival date/time online to help manage capacity
- The number of hand washing facilities have been increased across the site
- Providing a one way system where necessary
- Enhanced cleaning routines
- Our team will wear appropriate PPE where necessary
- Our catering outlets will provide a take-away service
- Some of our entertainment will be adapted to adhere to new distancing guidelines, and some activities may not be available at all at present
How you can help
- Book your arrival date and time online in advance
- If you, or anyone in your household, is displaying flu-like symptoms, we kindly ask that you postpone your visit to another day
- Please keep your distance from other groups/households, and follow the onsite signage
- Make contactless payments where possible
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds
- Please clear your own rubbish from picnic areas – either use the bins provided, or take it home with you
You can also find some extra information and frequently asked questions here.
Kent Life is a family attraction and we would like to make it as easy and accessible for those with young children and babies as possible. Therefore we provide:
- Bottle/baby food warming facilities in the Tea Room & Play Barn. Please be advised we are unable to take responsibility for the temperature.
- Nappy changing facilities in all our toilets located at the entrance of the Car Park, behind Sandling Farmhouse, the Tea Room Court Yard and inside the Village Hall.
- Buggy Parks outside the Tea Room and Birthday Party Room.
Kent Life is a working farm so there are a few simple steps that you need to take when you come to visit us.
- If you touch our animals or their homes, make sure you wash your hands thoroughly afterwards with soapy water.
- We have lots of hand washing facilities all around our grounds. They are located in: Farmyard, Sandling Toilets, Car Park Toilets, outside the Tea Room, Tea Room Courtyard Toilets and the Village Hall Toilets.
- Our animals are very lovable, but resist the urge to give them a kiss – it isn’t very hygienic and it won’t taste very nice.
- Avoiding putting your fingers in your mouth – pens, pencils and crayons are also best avoided.
- Resist the urge to try the animal feed. It is specially designed to make their noses wet and their tails curly, not the best look for boys and girls.
- You can put as much human food or drink into your mouth as you like. Just make sure you clean your hands before and after your scrummy snacks.
- Only eat in designated eating areas. Cheese and pickle sandwiches lose their wonderful flavour if chewed too near the pig pen.
- Our animals are very house-proud. Do not climb onto the walls or into their pens as they will get very upset and you will get very dirty.
- Although you may like mud, it is best not to take it home with you. Save your mum’s temper (and her carpet!) and bring a pair of wellies on iffy weather days.
- We strongly advise pregnant women do not enter the lambing shed during lambing season. Please ask on arrival. You are more than welcome to explore the rest of the attraction.
- Most of our buildings have wheelchair access, with the exception of the first floors of the historic buildings.
- There are interpretation books on the ground floor of each period home which give details about the upstairs of the buildings.
- We have fully accessible toilets at four locations around the site: the Car Park, behind Sandling Farmhouse, the Tea Room Court Yard and the Village Hall.
- There is a dedicated car parking area near to the entrance of the attraction. On special event days this area is extended.
- We have two wheelchairs available to hire completely free of charge. They can be reserved in advance by calling 01622 763936.
- Visitors that are registered as disabled are entitled to bring a carer free of charge.
- The land train and tractor can be adapted to accommodate wheelchairs.
Please be aware that our site is located on a gradual slope, with flat areas at both the entrance and kiddies play areas and the Village Green located at the top of the slope.
- Your lovely pooches are very welcome as long as they are well behaved, on short leads and are cleaned up after. Unfortunately, they are not allowed in the catering areas, cuddle corner or the Kent Owl Academy (as they may inadvertently upset the birds).
- Please note that we may not be able to admit dogs for some of our special events. You are advised to call and check in advance of your visit to avoid disappointment – 01622 763936.
- Small bags are available in our Gift Shop and there are numerous bins located around the site for correct disposal.
- We ensure that there are sufficient fully qualified first aiders on site every day of the week.
- In case of an accident or emergency please contact the nearest member of staff.
- There are fully-equipped first aid boxes located at key points around the attraction including: The Gift Shop, the Farmyard, Cuddle Corner, the Indoor Play barn, the Tea Rooms, the Paint-a-Pot Studio, the Village Hall and the staff offices and workshop.
- All parking at Kent Life is FREE!
- There is an allocated disabled car park near to the entrance of the attraction, as well as a reserved coach and exclusive wedding guests’ parking area.
- On busy days our overflow paddocks are opened for additional parking (subject to weather conditions).
- Our car park has limited lighting and pedestrian fencing at the heavier traffic areas, but please be aware that the ground can be uneven so please take care.
- Our car park can occasionally hit capacity (especially following periods of bad weather when the overflow car parking is out of use). We would recommend arriving at opening time, or later in the day, after lunch.
We are committed to advocating a greener way of life so we would highly recommend using the many options of public transport available or why not car share?
- All children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Kent Life is not responsible for any person(s) attending our attraction.
- Lost children reports must be made in the Gift Shop, or to the nearest available staff member, at which time all available staff will search the grounds.
Here at Kent Life we are committed to reducing waste and to recycle wherever possible. Here are just a few things we do to reduce our carbon footprint:
- We encourage guests to ‘eat in’ using our cutlery and crockery rather than using take-away material.
- Site sensor lights are in operation outside of operating hours.
- Water butts are strategically placed across our grounds which we use to water our gardens.
- We grow and sell our own produce, herbs and flowers.
- Our electricity is only used when needed and is turned off out of operating hours.
- We encourage guests to use public transport including buses, trains and boats – Kent Life is one of the only attractions in the county accessible by boat – or why not consider cycling or walking?
- During large events such as the Hops & Harvest Festival we put on a special bus service to and from Maidstone.
- We have four dedicated toilet areas, all of which include disability and nappy changing facilities.
- The toilets are located at the entrance of the Car Park, behind Sandling Farmhouse, the Tea Room Courtyard and inside the Village Hall.
- The toilets are cleaned and re-stocked daily.
- Please note – we accept most credit and debit cards in many of our outlets (but not all) and payment by card is subject to a £5.00 minimum spend.