Take time out to visit Kent Life Heritage Farm Park – a fantastic attraction for all the family!
We recently collaborated with the team from the UK hotel deals provider myhotelbreak.com when they visited us here at Kent Life. Find out what they discovered and everything else in this guest blog:
We were down in Kent on a hotel break in autumn last year and were keen on visiting some great attractions with the kids. We had spoken to some of our guests who had mentioned we visit Maidstone to experience the wonders of Kent Life Heritage Farm Park. They said it was a family friendly place set within 28 acres of land – perfect for exploring.
After some planning, we decided to spend the morning and early afternoon there.
Visiting Kent Life Heritage Farm Park as part of our hotel break in Kent
From the outset, it was a fantastic day out. The kids were really excited to see all the animals, as were the adults! We dressed appropriately in boots as we knew the ground could be more challenging in places.
Walking up to Kent Life we were eagerly anticipating what was on offer. As we entered, we bought an annual pass, which made so much sense as we’re down in this part of the UK a lot and would definitely think about visiting again. As we were walking around, we could see how well preserved the historic buildings were. The animals were also right at home in this rural farm environment.
The kids really wanted to see the meerkats as they hadn’t seen them up close before. Not only that, but all the other animals – sheep, alpacas, goats, donkeys and horses – really made this experience in rural Kent worthwhile. We were able to feed some of the animals and even stroke them in the aptly named cuddle corner.
We also recommend the land train or tractor rides (dependent on which one is running on the day of your visit). The kids really enjoyed this and are itching to go back for this reason alone.
Aside from the animals, we visited the Kentish Gardens. From the apple orchards to the farmhouse gardens, this area was great for a gentle stroll during our visit.
After a day exploring and enjoying time with the animals in their environments, we took time out at Dotty’s Tea Room This was perfect as we could relax with a hot drink of coffee. There is also the option to grab a drink and a snack in the Play Barn while the kids can play in the soft play area.
There are other places such as the Pizza Garden which sells some of the best local pizza. It even has its own wood-fired pizza oven so nobody will ever go hungry here. We will be taking a stop off here next time we’re around.
Enjoy a hotel break in Kent and experience Kent Life in 2020
2020 is a big year for Kent Life Farm. There are loads of great events on throughout the year to mark the 35th anniversary of the attraction.
Some of the top events are:
- Bugs and Grubs Weekend featuring the Gruffalo, Saturday 14 March – Sunday 15 March, 10am – 5pm
- Spring into Easter, Thursday 2 April – Wednesday 15 April, 10am – 5pm
- May Bank Holiday Celebrations – Friday 8 – Sunday 10 May, 10am – 5pm
- See Peter Rabbit! Marking 35 years of Kent Life, Saturday 4 & Sunday 5 July, 10am – 5pm,
- Summer Holiday Fun – Animalympics! Thursday 23 July – Monday 31 August, 10am – 6pm
- Hops ‘n’ Harvest Beer Festival, Saturday 12 (10am – 10pm) and Sunday 13 September (10am – 6pm)
- Fireworks Spectacular, Saturday 7 November and Sunday 8 November, 3pm – 8pm
- Experience Christmas at Kent Life, Open from 10am (closing times vary) Saturday 5th December and Sunday 6th December; Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th December; Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th December; Monday 21st Tuesday 22nd, Wednesday 23rd Thursday 24th
Concluding our short break experience visiting Kent Life
This was a special trip. Visiting here was one of the top attractions that we experienced while we were in the South East. From the pleasant and knowledgeable staff, the animals, the food options and more, it ticked all the right boxes.
We recommend buying an annual pass if, like us, you’re sure to be back again. Visit Kent Life for a different type of short break attraction experience.